Thursday, April 26, 2018

Outdoor Art Creator

Outdoor Art Creator

This is what I did in order to earn my Outdoor Art Creator Badge:
Go on a nature detective walk. You can do this in a park, on a trail, or in your backyard. Look through a tube from a paper towel roll to focus on things close or far away. Spot at least three things from the list on the side of this page. Just observe and make a check mark next to the item you find—don’t collect or touch anything!
Spot at least three things from the list below. Don’t collect or touch anything—just observe and make a check mark next to the item you find!
� An animal
We had to drive around to even find an animal, we finally saw some horses in someone's yard. No pics though.
� A plant not colored green

� A tree with flowers
It's not quite that time of year yet. We just started getting the dandelions.
� An insect

� A bird (do you know what kind it is?)
Canadian Geese
� A fallen leaf with a pattern you like

� A rock with an unusual shape
Scoria Rock
� A bush as tall as you are
This bush hasn't gotten it's new leaves yet but it is as tall  (taller) as me!
� A pine-cone or acorn
 This was my original pine cone, then I saw this super cute baby pine cone and had to get a pic!

� Colored moss growing on a rock or tree
I think if our area had any right now it would have been by cClear Creek where we were looking, but I couldn't find any
� More fun stuff you find (write what it is)
There was also this cool sign on the trail.

For the second step of this badge I decided to make little sachets for my friends.
I recycled an old t-shirt
then I put some essential oil on a cotton ball and wrapped it up with a piece of string.
I think it smells really good.
Here I am giving one of my sachets to Mrs. Katie.
She was very happy with her gift, she said it smelled wonderful.

For step 3, I made a wind chime.
I used some old wooden circles for my chimes.
I strung them on some string
 and when I was done they clinked together .
 They make a soft noise,
 not a loud and annoying noise,
Which my father really appreciates.

For step 4: I decided to take some pictures while pretending to be a butterfly.
When you look at nature and a deer it makes nature look pretty.
Even if there is no leaves on the trees, it is still pretty.
Flower are pretty and so colorful. As a butterfly, I drink the nectar out of them.
Sometimes thy're purple, pink and yellow.
I think they are pretty in all their shapes and sizes.
Sheep are cute.
The End


For Step 5: I chose to create a mini garden. When everything starts to out grow this mini garden planter, I will move it to the raised garden boxes my mom made last summer.
 Here I am planting cress, zinnias and peas.


When everything starts to out grow this mini garden planter, I will move it to the raised garden boxes my mom made last summer.

Now that I have earned this badge I am inspired to donate some of the food that I grow in my garden to my community food pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment